19 June 2007

Before-my-time nostalgia nonsense!

Let's see if no-techy me can figure out how to do this....

(via Lawyers, Guns and Money) I'm not sure where this originates, except it presumably comes from the prime of the 1980's "Satanic Panic" that briefly had the fundamentalists in thrall convinced everything from television programs to "Christian Rock" and the Catholic church were discreetly leading the world into the service of Satan. Sadly, I only arrived at the moment it was beginning to wane, so I barely remember anything.

I miss the days when the fundies were campy and kooky instead of bent on the subjugation of heathens. "Harry Potter" of course has brought some isolated resurrections of the Satanic Panic, but nothing so widespread (unless Harry turns out to be gay, I suppose.)