12 August 2008

Dog days

It seems I start to lose my blogging focus around this time every year, so the posts may be a bit more sporadic for the next couple of weeks. Though you never know, things change quickly with me. I've been reading a fair amount trying to digest the conflict in Georgia, where the shooting part appears to be over for now, and I may do a post on that later to codify some of what's happened.

I'll probably be around to bellyache about NBC's Olympic broadcast, but they've placated me somewhat this year with the introduction of streaming video at their website, which is blissfully free of jingoistic commentary or, indeed, any commentary (it appears to be a generic English-language feed). I was watching today as Togo captured it's first ever medal; a bronze in whitewater kayak slalom.